Find your goal
and achieve it.
Find your goal
and achieve it.
I have had the privilege and honor of working with Alan for many years. He is a man of integrity that has incredible passion for the game of basketball and most importantly the players who play the game. His ability to teach the game in a manner that players respect and excel to their maximum abilities is as good as I have ever seen.
– Thad Matta – Former NCAA Men’s Basketball Coach and Winningest Head Coach in Ohio State University’s Basketball History
Alan Major, a veteran leader both on and off the court, has played a key role in successful programs for over two decades. His philosophy is based on empowerment, professionalism and motivation, and has helped shape scores of young men and colleagues alike toward personal and collective victories.
Whether as a coach, a speaker or a leader, one thing remains unchanged:
his relentless drive and clarity of vision.
With over 20 years of coaching experience and regular success across multiple programs, Alan Major has long demonstrated his ability to play a key role in transforming programs and players.
During his time with athletics programs across the country, Alan’s teams have secured achievements including:
- 2012 – 13: Great Alaska Shootout Champions, NIT – 1st Round
- 2013 – 14: Puerto Rico Shootout Champions
- 2014 – 15: GILDAN Charleston Classic Runner-up
The Ohio State University
- 2005 – 06: Big Ten Regular Season Champions, NCAA Tournament Round of 32
- 2006 – 07: Big Ten Regular Season and Tournament Champions, NCAA Final Four Runner-up
- 2007 – 08: NIT Champions
- 2008 – 09: NCAA Tournament 1st Round
- 2009 – 10: Big Ten Regular Season and Tournament Champions, NCAA Sweet 16
- 2001 – 02: Atlantic 10 Regular Season and Tournament Champions, NCAA Tournament Round of 32
- 2002 – 03: NCAA Tournament Round of 32
- 2003 – 04: NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
University of the Pacific
- 1996 – 97: Big West Tournament Champions, NCAA Tournament 1st Round
- 1997 – 98: Big West Regular Season Champions, NIT 1st Round
California Lutheran University
- 1993 – 94: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) Champions, NCAA Tournament 1st Round
- 1994 – 95: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) Champions, NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
After spending time with us, listening and asking tough questions, Alan was able to articulate some actionable items that both of our programs could put to practice immediately and in the long term. His vast experience and willingness to learn about our specific challenges and needs produced a very productive and positive few days
– Pacific Lutheran Men’s Basketball Head Coach Chad Murray and Women’s Basketball Head Coach Jen Childress
If you are a leader – on the court, field, or in the boardroom – Alan would love to add value to your leadership journey. His goal is to help you maximize your personal impact, knowing that in doing so your growth will naturally flow to those you work with and serve in your team or organization. Alan offers:
- 1 on 1 Consultation (via phone or in person at your location)
- Staff or Group Consultation (1 or 2 Day Setting)
- Connectivity – Alan will continue to stay in contact far beyond the consult, as the long-term relationship between him and his clients is of extreme importance to him.
- The Executive Leadership Basketball Camp – The most unique and energy-filled setting for corporate groups/teams (men or women) who still are active basketball players in a league or with their office team. Contact Alan directly for more information for this awesome experience!
“I had the opportunity to hear Alan speak in Raleigh on his journey through coaching. I could have listened to him for hours more. His content is relatable. His delivery is engaging. And his connection to the audience is real. If you have the chance to bring him in or to listen to him, you will leave with ideas worth inserting into your organization and life.
– Former NBA assistant coach and corporate speaker Kevin Eastman
“Alan Major is a leader who fully realizes his talent to influence and develop people. We recently did a Podcast on my Coaching U platform and he went into detail about his Servant Leadership philosophy. It was one of the top rated of the 150 Podcasts I’ve done. Alan will command and control your audience and also educate and entertain them!”
-Brendan Suhr – Former NBA Assistant coach and Founder/CEO of Coaching U
“A true ambassador of this great game we call basketball. A person of integrity & truth. The ultimate professional that’s willing to chare his journey and knowlege with all.”
– Marque Carrington – Director of KTS (Key To Success) Basketball clinics in Raleigh, NC
Contact Alan, and learn more about how he can promote your vision through his impressive oratory skills.
On the court or in the boardroom, the principles of leadership remain unchanged. A clear, objective visualization of goals, constant communication, and the motivation necessary to inspire your team.
A Certified John Maxwell Team Speaker and Coach, Alan has worked both behind the scenes and courtside in service of major athletics programs, and generated wins at every project he has taken on. Whether looking to improve your motivational skills, more clearly define your personal and organizational goals, or identify the traits of valuable personnel, his insights can shine a light on the path to accomplishment.
“I’ve been lucky to share many experiences with Alan over the years. He has a unique combination of intelligence, integrity and leadership skills. One of the most genuine human beings I have ever been around. A true friend and someone I know I can count on at any moment.”
-Pete Philo – 14 Year NBA Scout and Executive President of TPG Sports Group